Parent Governor (Volunteer)
We currently have a vacancy for a Parent Governor position in the BSIS Governors Committee.
The responsibility of school governors committee is to develop long term policies and direction for the school. They oversee the procedures, finances and progress of the school on regular basis. These include the following positions / roles:
- Parent Governors
Responsibilities and Duties
As part of the team, the Parent Governors has following responsibilities and duties:
- Regularly attend the committee meetings every Saturday morning before the classes.
- Establish a feedback link with the parents, gather and bring their queries and concerns to the committee and ensure a resolution is provided.
- Set and review the governance policies of the school such as long term vision, the Fees policy, Financial planning for the next year, Syllabus, Child Protection policy, Health and Safety policy, and any new issues that need planning.
- Help in every day school tasks such as ordering and distributing course books, attending parent queries, arrange end of term party, help in trip organisation etc.
- Oversee school staff, principal and other helpers are carrying out their responsibilities properly.
This is a volunteer position and no monetary compensation for the services are offered. Expenses (including travel expenses) are claimable.
How to apply
- Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, expressing an interest in the position and highlighting any special skills you have to offer.
- We will arrange a face to face interview with the members of the committee.
- On successful appointment a DBS check will be carried out.